Get your trip started
Kiosk check-in is a convenient way to check in at the airport. You can also make trip updates and requests and get ready to check your bag.
Express Bag Tags
Save time at the airport when you add your checked bags to your trip ahead of time. Check in online before your trip, select your checked bags, pay if needed and get your mobile or printed boarding pass.
At the airport you'll just scan your boarding pass at a kiosk to automatically print your bag tags, then attach them for drop-off with an agent.
To get Express Bag Tags, you must add your checked bags to your trip online or in the app and pay any bag fees.
You'll also need to be:
- The only person on your reservation
- Flying within the U.S.
- Booked in the Main Cabin
How it works
- Begin check-in online or on the app
- Select the number of bags to check and pay if needed
- Download your boarding pass or print it off at home
- Scan your boarding pass at the airport kiosk for Express Bag Tags
- Tag your bags and drop them off with an agent
To access your reservation or to check in:
- Scan your paper or mobile boarding pass
- Enter your 6-character record locator (e.g. 'NSYYSZ')
- Enter your AAdvantage® number
Once your trip appears on the screen, you can:
- Print your boarding pass
- Add an infant (under age 2) that's traveling on your lap (U.S. reservations only)
- Print your bag tags and attach to your checked bags
- Change or buy a seat
You can request standby, upgrades and more online before your flight. If you still need to make updates, you can do so on a kiosk:
- Stand by for earlier or later same-day flights
- Confirm a same-day flight change
- Buy a day-of-departure upgrade
- Request a 500-mile upgrade
- Buy additional AAdvantage® miles
- Request a receipt