Elite status benefits on Alaska Airlines
Our partnership with Alaska Airlines gives AAdvantage® elite status members access to even more benefits when flying with them. This includes the benefits you enjoy when flying on Alaska as a member of the oneworld® alliance.
Benefits on Alaska Airlines
|Priority check-in and boarding||available||available||available||available|
|Priority baggage||available||available||available||– Not available|
|Free checked bags||3||3||2||2|
|Lounge access*||First||First||Business||– Not available|
|Upgrades to First Class**^||available||available||– Not available||– Not available|
|Complimentary Premium Class seats (after ticket purchase)**^||All fares except Saver Fares after ticket purchase||All fares except Saver Fares after ticket purchase||Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S or N fares after ticket purchase; all other fares at 72 hours before departure||Y, B or H fares after ticket purchase; all other fares at 24 hours before departure|
*Access excluded regardless of status or class of service if travel is within North America or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
**Alaska Airlines Saver Fares (booked in ‘X’) aren’t eligible for upgrades to First Class or access to preferred or Premium Class seats.
^Initially this benefit only applies to the elite status member. Later, Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members will be able to extend this benefit to 1 companion traveling on the same flight and in the same reservation.
Travel on Alaska Airlines
In addition to oneworld® benefits, AAdvantage® elite status members have access to additional benefits as part of our West Coast International Alliance, including Premium Class seats and – for AAdvantage® Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro members – upgrades to First Class.
First Class on Alaska Airlines features their most spacious and comfortable seats, plus quilted blankets on longer flights, a larger tablet for free entertainment and more.
An upgrade will be requested for you once your reservation is ticketed. Keep in mind:
- Your upgrade will be confirmed as early as 120 hours before departure, if available.
- Alaska Airlines Saver Fares (booked in ‘X’) aren’t eligible for elite upgrades.
- Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro members will be prioritized after MVP Gold 75K members in fare class order and then by request date and time.
You’ll receive an email when your upgrade is confirmed if you booked your trip with Alaska Airlines. Visit alaskaair.com to reserve your seat in First Class.
If you booked your trip with American or another booking source, you can check the status of your upgrade on alaskaair.com using your Alaska Airlines confirmation code. If your upgrade has been confirmed, you’ll see it there.
Find your Alaska Airlines confirmation code (also known as a record locator) on your booking confirmation email. If you booked your trip through American, you’ll find it when viewing your trip on aa.com or the American app.
If you’re not upgraded right away, Alaska Airlines will keep checking for upgrade availability – up to 1 hour before your flight.
Upgrade not confirmed at check-in?
Ask an airport agent to add you to the standby list. This won’t happen automatically. Keep in mind:
- You can view your status on the Alaska Airlines app, the gate information display, or on alaskaair.com under flight status.
- Alaska Airlines uses a single waitlist labeled “Upgrade requests” for First Class upgrades and Premium Class seat requests.
- Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro members can be on the waitlist for both a Premium Class seat and a First Class upgrade at the same time. All other AAdvantage® elite status members will only be on the Upgrade waitlist for a Premium Class seat.
Opting out of an upgrade
Call Alaska Airlines if you don’t want an upgrade.